- OPEN: Mon-Sat
- 07 5525 2555
Quinoa Zing Salad
- 3/4 cup quinoa, red, black or white, uncooked
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple, diced
- 1 corn on the cob, kernels removed or 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 2 handfuls fresh rocket leaves
- 1 medium red capsicum, diced
- 2 tbs almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 tbs shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- Juice of 1 fresh lime
- 3 tbs fresh mint leaves, ﬁnely chopped
- 2 – 3 tbs Cobra Chilli Tropical Zing Chilli Sauce
For the Salad
- First cook the quinoa.
- Add the quinoa to a saucepan with 1 1/4 cups water.
- Bring to a simmer, and simmer covered for 10 minutes, or until the quinoa is cooked and the liquid is nearly absorbed.
- Allow to sit covered for 10 minutes.
- To a large bowl, add the fresh cubed pineapple, corn kernels, diced red capsicum, chopped almonds, rocket and coconut and quinoa, and combine well.
For the dressing
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a jar, seal and shake well to combine.
- Just before serving, pour over the salad and stir gently to coat.
- Top the salad with the slices of avocado.