Peppered Quinoa Bowl
- 1 cup quinoa, red, black or white, uncooked
- 2 large ﬁeld mushrooms, roasted
- 2 roasted red capsicums, peeled and seeded
- 1 carrot, julienned or grated
- 1 zucchini, julienned or grated
- 2 tbs raisins, or 3 medjool dates, diced
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbs Cobra Chilli Hop Tart Pepper Sauce
To Roast the Vegetables
- Lay the mushrooms stalk side up on a lined baking tray, and then add the whole red capsicums.
- Drizzle a little melted coconut oil over the vegetables, and season with a little salt.
- Roast in a 180C oven for 20 minutes.
- Seal the roasted red capsicums under alfoil or a bowl covered with a plate, to let them steam for 5 minutes.
- Peel off the skin off and remove the seeds.
- Slice the roasted capsicums and mushrooms into strips.
To Cook the Quinoa
- While the vegetables are cooking, add the quinoa to a large pot and cover with 1 2/3 cups water and add the raisins, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Bring to a simmer, and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes, or until the liquid is nearly absorbed and the quinoa is cooked.
- Remove from heat and allow to sit covered for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, roast vegetables, carrot and zucchini
- Gently stir through the Cobra Chilli Hop Tart Pepper Sauce.
- Taste and add more pepper sauce if desired.