- OPEN: Mon-Sat
- 07 5525 2555
Chicken Schnitzel – Traditional
Schnitzel pan-fried to golden perfection with a crispy breading just like at your favorite German restaurant!
- 4 boneless chicken breast fillets, pork fillets or veal
- SPG (Salt, pepper, garlic Rub) avail from Kumari Spice World
- 4 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dried white breadcrumbs (panko crumb is great)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp cream or milk
- Clarified butter or vegetable oil and 2 Tbsp of butter
- 2-3 tbs Cobra Chilli Blazing Burger Sauce
- Wedge of lemon to squeeze over the hot Schnitzel
- Starchy sides: Fries, German Potato Salad or tater tots make a great side dish.
- Vegetable sides: Green salad, or coleslaw.
- Pound the meat as thin as possible without making any holes in it. (Use the flat side of tenderizer, the raised side can dry out the meat)
- Season with SPG (salt, pepper, garlic mix-avail from Kumari Spice World)
- Coat meat through some flour.
- Dip the floured meat through the egg mixture.
- Cover schnitzel in the breadcrumbs (panko crumbs are great)
- Fry until golden. (shallow fry around 170c to avoid burning the crumbs)