Cheese-Steak Roll (Hoagie)
This cheese steak roll is loaded with succulent steak, capsicum, onions and lots of oozy cheese…Irresistable!
- 2 Green or red capsicums, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 Medium Onions sliced thinly
- 3 tsp olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 kg thinly sliced ribeye steak (butcher can do this for you)
- 4 hoagie rolls or similar
- 250gm sliced provolone or similar (jarslberg and cheddar blend works)
- 3 tbs Cobra Chilli Blazing Saddles chilli Sauce or Blazing Burger Mustard sauce
- MAKES 4
- Slice each piece of ribeye into strips and put aside
- Heat oil in large skillet add olive oil and when at a medium to hot tempature add onions and capsicum and saute until softened and browned (15-20mins) stir regularly
- Put onion and capsicum aside when cooked and use same pan for next stage
- Add some some more olive oil to the pan and when hot add your meat and brown with a little salt and pepper to season
- Once cooked turn the heat down and separate the meat into 4 piles evenly and add the onion and capsicum mix evenly on top of each pile of cooked meat
- Top each pile with cheese, putting a lid on pan will heap melt make the cheese nice and gooey.
- When ready, slice open your rolls and use a spatula to transfer each delicious meat pile to each roll.
- Add your sauce of choice