- Mon-Fri: 9am - 3:30pm
- 07 5525 2555
Jalapeno Poppers wrapped in Bacon
Seriously delicious jalapeno poppers, set them loose and stand back. You don’t want to lose an arm in there.
Great dish for parties or having mates over for the football.
- 10 Jalapeno peppers (bigger the better)
- 10 rashes of bacon cut in half
- 1 cup cream cheese softened
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp Jalapeno Pepper Sauce
- 1 tbs chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chilli flakes or chilli powder to garnish
*If you prefer it more firey replace Jalapeno Sauce with Congo B Pepper Sauce
- Preheat oven to 180c (350) degrees.
- Slice the jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise and scoop out the insides with a spoon.
- Set onto lightly oiled baking dishes
- In a mixing bowl, combine cheeses, pepper sauce and spices. Mix well
- Fill each jalapeno pepper evenly with the seasoned cheese mixture
- Wrap each popper with strips of bacon
- Bake the jalapeno poppers about 20 minutes unitl the cheeses are bubbly and bacon is crispy
- Remove from heat, cool slightly, then dust with chili powder or spicy chili flakes