BBQ Chicken Wings Alabama Style
- 1 kg chicken wings separated and tips removed
- 4 tbs salt
- 1 litre water or enough to cover the wings
- 5 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 tbs fresh peppercorns
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 tablespoons Cajun seasoning blend or use your favourite personal seasoning blend (buy Cajun in bulk)
- Bottle of Cobra Chilli White Magic BBQ sauce
- Set the chicken wings into a large bowl. Add salt, garlic, peppercorns and honey, then cover with water. Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours to brine. You can brine longer for more flavour penetration. Overnight is great.
- Remove and pat the wings dry.
- Set them into a large bowl and rub the Cajun seasonings into the skins. Get it in there!
- Heat a BBQ grill to medium heat and cook the wings for 20 minutes, turning once halfway through.
- Keep an eye on them so the skins do not overcook, they’ll be ready when they reach an internal temperature of 75c degrees.
- Once cooked through, toss the wings with Alabama White BBQ Sauce or use as a dip.
Credit to: Mike @chilipeppermadness (a legend for awesome recipes)