Crumbed Coconut Prawns with Mango Chilli
Everyone loves fresh Aussie prawns and they are mostly enjoyed peeled and eaten, there’s nothing else required due to their sweet and slightly salty flavours-Pure Joy!
However, if you can’t resist a cooked prawn try this easy coconut crumbed prawn recipe and serve with our New Mango Chilli & Cinnamon Whisky “Manganero”.
Serves: Makes 20 crumbed prawns
- 20 large green prawns, peeled with tails intact (devein with a sharp knife down the back of prawn)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ½ cup plain flour
- Olive oil spray
- Manganero Chilli Sauce
- Place prawns on a chopping board and use the palm of your hand to flatten them slightly.
- Whisk together egg and 2 tablespoons of water in a shallow bowl.
- Combine breadcrumbs and coconut in a shallow bowl or on a lipped plate.
- Place flour in a bowl and add prawns. Cover prawns thoroughly in flour.
- Working 1 prawn at a time dip in egg mix and then coat in breadcrumb mix.
- Place prawns on a lined baking tray. Spray with olive oil spray and bake in a 220C oven for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes turn prawns and cook for a further 5 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Serve with a bowl of Cobra Chilli’s “Manganero” sauce (mango chilli with Fireball Whisky)
Prawn cutlets go well with a fresh avocado and lime salad or cooked/cooled rice (toss a dash of sauce through your rice before serving)
Recipe credit to: Hill Street