So happy that everyone’s talking about margaritas lately and even happier that its chilli margaritas! Livin’ the Dream @cobrachilli Impress your mates with a taco and margarita night! ole!
Ingredients for Sugar Syrup (enough for a few so store in a bottle, yay!)
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 2 arbol chillies or an extra jalapeno instead if unavailable
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
The important part – Ingredients for your spicy margarita!
- 45ml Good quality tequila – Agave is perfect
- 30ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 15ml triple sec or cointreau
- chilli salt
- Mix the water and sugar in a saucepan and stir until the sugar dissolves (medium heat)
- Reduce the heat to low and add the chilli’s to the syrup and simmer for 15 mins.
- Take the pot off the stove to cool a little and then strain into a bottle.
are you ready….
- Prepare a small plate with chilli salt.
- Moisten the edge of your glass with a wedge of lime and dip the glass upside down into the salt. Looking Good!
- Add tequila, lime, triple sec and syrup to a cocktail shaker with a small handful of ice and shake, shake, shake it!
- Strain your drink into the glass and bottoms up!