Blue Cheese Boom Burger
If you’re a bit of a sucker for blue cheese and then melted into the perfect burger then this is a temptation not to miss. Its juicy, tasty and spicy with lots of BOOM factor! Use the best ingredients for the best results.
- 1/2 kg good quality mince beef (use 80/20 for best result)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spinach or lettuce if desired
- Sliced red onion
- Buns for serving
Blue Cheese Boom Butter – With a kick of chilli giving this butter its boom!
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 jalapeno peppers (or serrano)
- 3 tbs softened butter
- 150 gms crumbled blue cheese
- 1 tbs chopped cilantro
- 1 tsp Habanero Pepper Sauce
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the jalapeno chilli’s and blister them in the pan, tossing often to get all sides until the skins are nicely charred, about 10 minutes or so. You can also do this on the grill. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Give them a rough chop and add them to a mixing bowl.
- Add butter, blue cheese and cilantro and stir until all together.
- Heat the same pan to a medium heat.
- Divide the beef into 4 pieces and ball them up. Set one at a time into the pan and smash it down with a spatula. You can also do this on a grill with proper grates. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook a couple minutes, until the bottom begins to crisp up.
- Flip and press with the spatula. Season with more salt and pepper and cook a couple more minutes, until each side is crispy and cooked to about medium, or to your preference.
- Serve the burgers onto buns with a bit of spinach, red onion and top with a big portion of charred serrano-blue cheese butter.
credit to Mike@chilipeppermadness