Glazed Tomato Chicken
With a simple twist you can make chicken shine with new meaning, easy to do recipe in the oven or on the BBQ. Serve with an avocado boat to create a perfectly balanced meal that looks tooo good to eat…only kidding-eat up!
- 2 Chicken breasts or about 500g chicken tenderloin strips
- 5 tbs Cobra Chilli Blazing Saddles Chilli Sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano, or 2 sprigs fresh oregano
- 1 tbs coconut oil, melted
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 corn on the cob, kernels removed or 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 1 – 2 tbs Cobra Chilli Red Jalapeño Chilli Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 200C and line a baking tray with baking paper. Combine the melted coconut oil, Cobra Chilli Blazing Saddles Chilli Sauce and dried oregano.
- Coat the chicken tenderloins or breast ﬁllets in the sauce and leave to marinade for 10 minutes, or refrigerated for 8 hours overnight.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- To BBQ seal chicken on the grill and then put on tray inside BBQ and close lid using the same temp and leave until cooked.
- While that is baking, make the avocado boats.
- In a small bowl combine the diced tomatoes, cucumber and corn, and stir through the Cobra Chilli Red Jalapeño Chilli Sauce.
- Halve the avocados and remove the seed.
- Fill each cavity of the avocado, where the seed was, with the corn mixture.
- Serve the chicken immediately with the avocado boats.